The object of the Club shall be to encourage and promote the breeding of purebred German Shepherd Dogs and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection, to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as adopted by the German Shepherd Dog Club of America and approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the German Shepherd Dog shall be judged. To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience trials, and tracking tests, to aid with every possible means in demonstrating the German Shepherd Dog's conspicuous ability as a companion, war, Red Cross, police, herding, rescue dog, and lead dog for the blind. To conduct shows, obedience trials, demonstrations, etc., under the rules of the American Kennel Club, to publish literature and periodicals in the interests of the German Shepherd Dog. The Club shall not be conducted or operated for a profit, and no part of any profits or remainder or residue from dues or donations to the Club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
The German Shepherd Dog Club of St Louis was founded in 1926 and was incorporated in 1927. We are affiliated with the American Kennel Club and German Shepherd Dog Club of America. In 1960, the club set aside one acre to serve as a cemetery for police service dogs at the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department K-9 Corp Cemetery at Fort Belle Fontaine County Park in Spanish Lake, MO. (Refurbished Cemetery Honors St. Louis Area Police Dogs). This cemetery is supposed to be near the Canine Training School, 1330 Bellefontaine Road, St Louis, MO.